22 Dec Are You Sitting on a Scrap Metal Gold Mine?
Scrap metal materials are traded much like stock and so the price is essentially based upon demand. This also tends to be based upon your location within Australia. If local manufacturers require a specific type of scrap then the prices will increase and if demand drops, so will prices.
A Rising Tide
Over the past five years, scrap metal prices have increased considerably, so this is a great time to be selling. To ensure that you are getting the proper valuation for your scrap metal, you need to ensure that you know your scrap metals grade. This way, you will have all the information you need when taking it to a local vendor. The type of metal that you own will have a range of grades – the higher the grade, the higher the valuation of the piece of metal.
Grade 1 Metals
These types of scrap metal do not have any different alloy types associated with them. In order to be classified as grade 1, a piece of scrap must be of specific dimensions and should not be in any way corroded. Grade 1 scrap metal is generally regarded as being pure.
Grade 2 Metals
Similar to grade 1, grade 2 should also not be corroded or mixed with any other non-alloy materials. However, grade 2 pieces contain other metal alloys in addition to the main material.
Other Types of Scrap
Sheets and castings are specialist types of scrap that can be worth more than generic forms of metal.
Our Price Guide
Below is a general guide illustrating the typical scrap metal prices you will find for various different materials. The prices listed below vary somewhat because dealers generally vary from region to region and the quality of the metal varies a considerable amount too:
- Copper: $4.00 to $6.00 per Kilo
- Mixed copper: $5.00 to $7.00 per Kilo
- Copper wire: $1.50 to $2.00 per Kilo
- Aluminium: $0.20 to $1.50 per Kilo
- Aluminium cans: $0.10 to $0.20 each
- Clean brass: $1.50 to $2.50 per Kilo
- Mixed brass: $2.50 to $4.50 per Kilo
- Stainless steel: $0.75 to $2.00 per Kilo
- Iron: $0.08 to $0.16 per Kilo
- Titanium: $2.80 to $4.00 per Kilo
- Gold: $16.00 to $50.00 per Gram
- Silver: $0.26 to $0.52 per Gram
- Platinum: $30.00 to $50.00 per Gram
- Lead: $0.80 to $2.00 per Kilo
- Car battery: $5.00 to $10.00 each
- Truck battery: $7.50 to $15.00 each
- Clean radiator: $3.00 to $4.00 per Kilo
- Mixed radiator: $1.50 to $2.50 per Kilo
Get in Touch
Do you want a valuation or quote for your scrap metal? Give us a call on (08) 8352 8772 or get a fast quote online.