- Steel products can be recycled repeatedly without loss of strength.
- Recycling steel saves the equivalent energy to power millions of households for a year.
- Iron and steel are the world’s most recycled materials and among the easiest materials to reprocess, as they can be separated magnetically from the waste stream.
- One scrapped car produces more than four steel utility poles.
- 95 percent of the steel taken from commercial construction demolition sites can be recycled and made into new steel products.
- 100 percent of a steel roof can be recycled and can last over 50 years.
- Steel food cans are the most recycled food package.
- The average major appliance can be recycled to make new steel products.
What are the three most valuable metals to recycle?
- Copper is by far the most expensive metal.
- Brass is up there.
- Aluminium is also profitable.
4 advantages of recycling metals
- Saves energy. It takes less energy to turn scrap metal into a new product than to harvest new resources to do the same thing.
- Conserves natural resources. Recycling conserves diminishing natural resources.
- Slow landfill growth. Recycling existing materials keeps them out of the landfills.
- Economic benefits, earns you money.
Did you know Denron pays good money for your scrap metal? We can collect it from your home or business. It’s a great way to earn extra cash while recycling. We pay for your scrap metal by the kilo or the tonne.
Do you have unwanted scrap metal on your property, factory or job site that needs to be removed? As Adelaide’s leading scrap metal recyclers, you can trust our friendly team at Denron Metals to give you a fair price.